Monday, November 27, 2006

What I AM and Was Thankful For

I love Thanksgiving.

It is a time to spend with family and friends and to reflect on what I am thankful for 365 days a year.

I am most thankful for our Lord Jesus Christ which through His amazing grace I am saved and will get to spend eternity with Him.

I am thankful for my two beautiful children who bless me and make me laugh every day.



I am thankful for my amazing church and my wonderful friends.

But one thing I was extremely thankful for this year was that I had FIVE days off IN A ROW.

I know to many this may not be a big deal, but to me it was HUGE.

Five days of no alarm clock, other than Alex standing at my bed asking me if he could please have a pop tart.

But even that wasn't until around 8:00 am...normally I am up at 5:00 am.

Five days of staying in my pajamas for more than 15 minutes and leisurely drinking coffee.

Five days of not looking at a clock, of wondering in the middle of the day what time it was...that NEVER happens.

Five days of hanging out with friends, watching movies and being lazy.

But most importantly, I had five days with my children without having to say "hurry up" or "lets go".

Five days of not leaving the house at 7:30 in the morning and not returning until sometimes 6:30 pm only to do

homework...

make dinner...

have a bath...

spend a little time together and go to bed.

I am also thankful that when I do not have these days off... and my day starts at 5:00 am with a wonderful hour with the Lord and does not stop until I fall into bed around 11:00 pm...that I can do these things joyfully and that God is teaching me to be content in ALL circumstances and that I am experiencing the abundant life that He promises.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Kathryn--
I am so thankful for you!!! I am especially thankful for the hanging out with friends you did on your 5 days off. Thanks

November 27, 2006 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Just reading that made me really thankful for you.
Love you, and always praying for you!
jenn

November 30, 2006 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home