Friday, November 17, 2006

The Church within the Church

As the church get larger, we must get smaller.

We hear that all the time.

It is true.

I am so blessed to be a part of a church body that is so amazing...so close...so authentic...to have so many people that I get to call friend.



So what does that mean "a church within a church"?

We are one body with many parts...a group of people that are gifted in many ways... that God so wonderfully and perfectly brings together to glorify Him.

He puts people together to help each other and lift each other up and amazingly we get to have a stinkin good time in the process.

It is a group of people that you laugh so hard with that you are unable to talk...a group of people that you cry so hard with that you are unable to talk....but that is ok because you are at the point of your relationship with them that words really are not necessary.



You have catch phrases that will crack you up, when others are trying to figure out why it is so funny that 'crawfish season is upon us'.

I love that my friends are all so different. They are different ages, from different backgrounds with different lives. Yet we all share one common bond, the love for Jesus Christ.

No one has ever seen God, but if we have love one for another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 John 4:12

I am so incredibly blessed that within the amazing Body of Living Hope that there are so many wonderful men pouring into my children. Men, Carlos, Josh, Kevin and Ken, who love on them and play with them almost on a daily basis, but are also not afraid to help correct and teach them so that one day they will become Godly men.


The joy of being with these people and watching my children just get to be children with their friends warms my heart and makes me truly grateful.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13:34-15

You truly live out the scripture 'rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn'. Romans 12:15

You will hold each others hand and pray with them when they are struggling.


These are people who are not afraid to correct you and to hold you accountable.

You share everything...

food ...clothes...kids...stories...life

Thank You Lord for being a perfect God who meets our needs above and beyond what we could ever imagine.

Thank You.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

So very glad to be part of the family...So glad you were obedient to His voice and spoke to me...I love you

November 17, 2006 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

My dear sweet Lisa I love you dearly. God is perfect when He brings people together.

You have blessed my life abundantly, you have showed me unconditional love and helped me to learn how to make chaos fun!!

November 17, 2006 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Kathryn-
I love your posts! I'm so glad to be in this Body with you. I love praying for you and your boys!
jenn

November 17, 2006 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Whitney said...

kathryn,

love. i only know that word through knowing you.

you are my church :) and you are my gentle and quiet spirit.

and you make me laugh laugh laugh!

love you!
whit

November 18, 2006 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

I love our church! It is such a blessing to be in this thing together.

November 20, 2006 at 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better.
I get giddy reading/thinking/dwelling about what Christ is doing with his children @ LH. And I can't believe how much the Lord has blessed me by dropping me smack dab in the middle of this church family.
Thank you for all you have taught me through your love for Christ and His Body. Thank you Kathyrn!

Oh He is WORTHY!

November 20, 2006 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Carpio Family said...

Great blog Kathryn, I couldn't have said it better myself. I love being your Family.

November 21, 2006 at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home