Monday, October 23, 2006

Kids Say AND Do the Cutest Things

Kids Say AND Do The Cutest Things
I wish there was a way to preserve the cute things that kids say and do when we least expect them.

I love how Michael will be speaking seriously with great sincerety and all of a sudden he will say the cutest things without even realizing it.

A couple of great examples are...

A few weeks ago on a Saturday morning we were hanging around the house...Michael was on the couch watching television.

I was at the table reading or writing or something.

Alex was off in his room recreating Wild Kingdom with his three million (I am not exagerating) animals of all different species...

As I said Michael was watching television...Animal Planet...one of the only channels ever on in our house...he was watching a show on monkeys and apes.

He was telling me (as I was reading and writing) all about the monkeys he was watching...out of nowhere he says..."mom do you think monkeys have portable thumbs?"... he didn't miss a beat.

I had to think for a minute.

I said "No, humans are the only ones with OPPOSABLE thumbs"...he says oh yeah...that's what I meant!!

Too cute.

Another day, not too long after that, I picked Michael up from school.

I asked him how his day was, he said "ok, his teacher had gone home sick so they had a substitute".

Michael loves his teacher, she is really great. I didn't think too much about it.

The next day when I picked Michael up, he looked a little sad. I asked him how his day was. He said "bad news mom", I am thinking all kinds of things at this point.

"What's the matter , Michael" I said.

"Ms. Duggan had to go to the hospital"

"Oh my goodness, why", I said.

"She had to have her INDEPENDEX taken out".

So cute.


Alex has imaginary friends...friends being more than one.

There is Bubby...he has been around the longest and he has his own house.

It is on Southwest Parkway.

Then there is Daddo-Deedo and Little Deer.

They usually travel together and I guess they live at my house, because I have not heard of their house.

Alex LOVES his friends...I truly believe he sees them and talks with them.

One day Alex, Bubby, Daddo-Deedo and Little Deer were playing out in the front yard.

They were having a race.

Alex was on his scooter. I am not sure what the others were riding.

I was working in the yard and I could hear him racing.

He would ride across the driveway at 90 miles an hour and then I would hear

"YES, I won"!!!

This went on for a while.

The next thing I hear is Alex crying.

It was an upset cry, not a hurt cry.

He was so serious.

"What is the matter Alex", I said.

"I lost" was all he said.

So sweet, so honest and so real.

Children speak exactly what is on their minds.

They have such faith.

"Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:4-5

Thank You God for these little children.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Hey Kat,
I totally wish I could save all those memorable moments that my kids make everyday! Maybe God will store them up for us...I fully believe that my memory will be flawless and perfect in Heaven and it will be wonderful as I relive the wonderful moments with my children that I forgot to write down, didn't have the camera for, missed because I was sadly too busy or distracted, etc. Believing this keeps me going on in my journey to mother them the best I can, to pray for them relentlessly and love them unconditionally.

Michael is way too smart...I've never heard of opposable thumbs...I guess I get it...but whooaa

When I was reading this I could so see Alex in an episode of Little Bear. I love your boys!

I love you too!!!

October 23, 2006 at 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your boys are so tight!

i can only hope I was that precious when I was a young lad.

October 24, 2006 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Okay, Hunter just asked me if he could be a magination dog for Halloween... what he meant was a dalmation dog...so cute!

October 25, 2006 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home