Friday, October 20, 2006

It will NEVER cease to amaze me how two children, born from the same mother who

live together

share a room

and

share a BATHROOM

can look EXACTLY the same and yet be 100% different in everything they do.

It also amazes me how completely I can love both of them.

God has been growing me in abundance in this area. Teaching me to embrace their differences. Showing me that they are BOYS and how different they are then ANY other creature in the world!

My boys



Michael so sweet

So gentle

So EXACTLY like me

So when he asks "when are we doing something, what time, where, how long long will it take and what will we do when we are done with that".

I am both equally frustrated and in awe of how exactly like me he is!!

God says "don't fight it, embrace it"

God embraces me when I say "when are we doing something, what time, where, how long will it take and what will we do when we are done with that"

Alex

So loud

So funny

Such a performer

He is NOTHING like me, yet I can't do anything but laugh when he turns his head sideways and says "momma".

He is a think outside the box, live on the edge, fly by the seat of his pants kinda kid.

Amazing.

I praise the Lord for using my children to show me how to love.

How we are all so different, yet God loves us all the same.

He embraces each one of us because we are all His.

Amazing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Yep, they're different...I love 'em both...differently!

October 20, 2006 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger freemans4jc said...

I am blessed to have been able to witness how the Lord has grown you in this area....amazing.....a blessing.

When it comes to differences in brothers I think you and the Hendricks run a tight race.

For those that don't know, Alex is laying in the "trunk". One crazy child!

Cindy

October 21, 2006 at 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching you Mommas with little boys...

It's such a blessing to watch you all give, and give, and give, and give...and the Lord gives it right back to you.

I'm so thankful for examples like you!

-Sally

October 22, 2006 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

I always say, if God can use me to teach my boys how to love each other even though they are so different...to be unified in their home, there is NO ONE God can't lead them to love when they grow up and leave this house! There just isn't anyone more different than Anson than Hayden...and vice versa.

What beautiful, life-impacting, forever lessons God is teaching you and your boys inside your home.

I praise God for your home, Kathryn...and one day, your boys will too!

October 22, 2006 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

I love this! Seeing my kids differences, despite being together 24 hours a day (and I'm not exaggerating. Emma and Jax even sleep together), they have such unique personalities.
It's awesome.
I love your boys, and it is my privelege to pray for them daily!
jenn

October 24, 2006 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home