Friday, October 27, 2006

Running


Heather Hendrick has started a trend.

If two people are a trend. I think they are.

Last night I too ran for 10 minutes.

I have never had any feelings either way about running other than looking at people running and saying "I don't think so."

But yesterday I got on the treadmill and starting running.

I didn't mean to.

It started out perfectly innocent. We did our time on the elliptical machine and Cindy Freeman said lets just try the treadmill.

We got on and started walking and all of a sudden I started going faster and then I began running. I said "Look Cindy I am running".

I was excited for about two minutes.

Then I started to hurt.

But I knew that I wanted to do it for at least 10 minutes.

Every minute I would shout out

7 more minutes...

6 more minutes...

About half way through, Cindy, who was walking on her treadmill, asked me if my calves were hurting. I told her pretty much everything from the waist down was hurting.

It wasn't pretty. I definately run like a girl and I turned pretty purple.

Then she informed me that I was sweating...you think!!!

Mark my words, she will be number three in our trend.

I was very proud of her. She said she was only going to walk for five minutes. I asked her to stand next to me so that I wouldn't stop.

She continued to walk the entire ten minutes.

Acountability partners are great!!

I told the boys that momma ran for 10 minutes.

Michael said "around the whole gym?"

Alex was not impressed...running to him is like breathing.

After the initial pain wore off and I got my breath back I felt great.

I will do it again and I will add to my time.

My goal now is thirty minutes...

and then an hour.

It will happen.

Cindy hold me accountable...

5 Comments:

Blogger Hendrick Family said...

Wow! Look at you! Running is so awful while you're doing it, but don't you feel like you DID something?

Tomorrow you'll be reminded that you did something.

I have not gotten to run all week...I bet I will cough up a lung the next time I do it! Can't wait for Monday!

Heather

October 27, 2006 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger freemans4jc said...

Accountability partner I am, running partner, I don't know! I will never say never because I am now becoming a fan of fast walking on that scary treadmill.

To think just a couple days ago I was totally afraid of that machine.

When you get as old as me do you think running might actually lose its benefit?

I was proud of you and will continue to support your running adventure!

Oh yea Ken said that calves burning like lit charcoal are simply due to non-use, no error in the use of the treadmill...go figure!

Cindy

October 27, 2006 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

...maybe I'll try it sometime...I used to run lots pre-kids...

You go girl!!!

October 30, 2006 at 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh to have seen Alex's response!

hey, if he gets to brag about his poops...
you get to brag about your mini-marathons!

October 30, 2006 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger freemans4jc said...

More than a conquerer....

The mini marathon continues....
she conquered 30 minutes last nite and I think she is even at work this morning!

Your going to have to start running with Jenn soon ... competition is good!

Cindy

October 31, 2006 at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home