Thursday, December 14, 2006

Faith and God's Peace



God has been taking me on an amazing journey of faith and trust.

He has been showing me that He is my Provider, my Comforter and my Great Physician.

I am truly blessed.

What makes me truly blessed is that if you look at my life from the world, it does not sound that great.

Single mom...

Two kids...

No money...

According to the world I am just another statistic...bound to fail.

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Thank You Jesus that in You I have everything I need so that when trials come I can consider them pure joy. I don't have to face these trials the way the world does...with fear and worry about what will happen. God is in control...

God says


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30


We don't have to carry the burden...God does.


When someone you love gets sick...God is in control.


When money is tight...God is in control.


When life is not how you planned it...God is in control.


This is joy...this is peace...this is contentment.


God is giving it to me and praise the Lord He will give it to my children...


For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100:5.


I am so thankful that I am getting to see the fruit of His work every day... I am living Isaiah 32:17


The fruit of rightousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.


I wish you all peace on earth good will toward men this wonderful Christmas season.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathryn!
Wow.
The Is.32.17 verse really hit home.

December 15, 2006 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Merry CHRISTmas, Kathryn! I love that God always has us camped out on the same verses!!

December 15, 2006 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

God is so good and sweet and good, very, very good!!!
What a great post Kat! I love it!

December 16, 2006 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home