Monday, March 02, 2009

Right Tune...Wrong Words



One of my favorite things ever is when kids are either talking or singing and they say the wrong word...but they do not realize it is the wrong word, so they say or sing with all of the confidence in the world.

That happened this morning.

The boys got this fun keyboard with a book attached with different songs with the notes to play on it.

They have had a lot of fun getting faster to where the songs actually sound like the songs should. Michael thinks it is fun to memorize and not have to look at the pages.

One of the songs is "Are you sleeping?".

Michael really likes that one and has been playing it over and over and OVER again...it is a good noise so I don't mind, most of the time!!

So I thought that while he was playing, I would teach him the french words, Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques, Dormez Vous, Dormez Vous.

After a while it kinda gets stuck in your head.

This morning Michael was walking through the kitchen and I almost bust out laughing because my precious baby was singing Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques, Deja Vu, Deja Vu...it was too cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Price said...

Glad to hear that they are taking a liking to the piano... the trick to success with the piano and sanity in the home is HEADPHONES! I spent much of my childhood sitting on a piano bench with headphones on. My mom, dad and siblings were only moderately disturbed (particularly when I would start singing along not realizing it)... but, for the most part, I was able to play forever and no annoy people.

There ya go... words of wisdom.

March 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

too cute. julia thought billy idol's song was called "dancin with my cell phone." they're funny.

March 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home