Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Funnel Cake King



Wade Amy is the funnel cake king.

We had mucho mexican food at HOPE group last night and for dessert (I know it is not Mexican, but it is dessert that you fry in a pan) we had funnel cake.

I found a recipe and made the batter to take to their house and then Wade took over. I think that cooking with hot oil is kinda like cooking on the grill, men do it well.

He poured the batter through the funnel and flipped those things over like it was nothing, all the while he was telling us how at the carnival they have special sticks they use to flip them.

My job then was to hold the plate and then put powdered sugar all over them...yum!!

They were so good.

Wade said that he used to be a carny.

He said that is how he and Liz met.

I kinda believe him!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Owen said...

That's a hilarious story (if you know the Amys)! Guess what? We made fried okra last night, so we were frying things too. Yum!

November 19, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

We just made these at our house too! Kari Stephens and her family came over one Friday night and we fried some up.

It was so easy and YUMMY!!

Heather

November 19, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

funnel cake is seriously like to me the best dessert! I love funnel cake! I have never made it though so i will have to try this!

November 19, 2008 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger the amys said...

I am the blessed bride of a former carnie. I know your jealous, but though shall not covet. Hehehehe

November 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Just read your verse of the day...now, own it!
These sound fun, messy and a little scary. I'm afraid of deep frying at my house...but, YUM!

November 21, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home