Monday, December 01, 2008

Taco Soup

This is our new favorite meal.

Liz Amy made it for HOPE group one night and I had to have the recipe.

A meal is always a success when both of my children love it and can't eat enough.

The last meal that was this big a hit and still is, is Ashley Garrett's Italian casserole...cream cheese...need I say more.

Alex still asks for Italian casserole for breakfast!!

Anyways, I love that I can put taco soup on in the crockpot first thing in the morning and it is waiting (smelling SO good) when I get home.

Taco Soup

1 lb ground meat (or turkey)
1 medium onion chopped*
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
1 package taco seasoning
1 can corn, undrained
1 can ranch style beans
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can chopped green chiles
2 cans stewed tomatoes

Brown meat and onions. Put everthing into crock pot and cook 8 hours.

Liz serves her with cheese on top of cornbread.

I like mine with cheese and sour cream (if it's not cream cheese, it is sour cream!!) over rice. As I am typing, I am thinking it would be really good with tortilla chips in it...next time.

*I chop lots of onion up at a time...a good cry...and freeze them in a zip lock bag. Then you just grab a couple of handfuls, it saves so much prep time.

So good, I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

We love this taco soup too! We put grated cheese and sour cream in it. so yum!

I love that Alex wants to hunt bugs for a living...

December 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger pbmciver said...

Me and Shelbi love taco soup - wish Warren did or I would make it more often, lol. I can't get Brittany to eat anything - probably why she is so tiny. We eat our soup over corn tortillas. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water for some, lol.

December 4, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home