Monday, September 15, 2008

When The Wind Blows...What a Child Will Say!


Like most people on Saturday morning, we were at our house hunkering down. We were stocked up on water and non perishables, I even let my children get hot fudge sundae poptarts...what will they think of next?
I don't know, but my children were happy and bouncing off the walls AND INSIDE...what was I thinking??!!
So we were cuddled up on the couch watching the local news to see what Ike was doing. Since we don't have cable, we were watching channel 3 with rabbit ears...fun!!
We were listening to all of the locals on the phone telling of trees that were uprooted and fences that were down.
I kept hearing a banging on one side of my house. Now since I have new construction on both sides of me, I was a little nervous. I had secured everything on my property, but with jobsites there is always debris.
Alex jumped up and looked out his window. We saw that the gate was open and banging in the wind.
He looked at me with all seriousness (unusual for Alex) and said "mom, the gate is banging on the fence, quick we have to call the TV station and tell them".
I love these children!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Funny! So glad you have a gate to bang!!

September 15, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home