Sunday, August 03, 2008

God's Timing


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9
I like to be in control.
I like to know what is going to happen and when it is going to happen.
I like to be organized.
I like to be punctual and for everyone else to be on time.
It does not take very much faith to map everything out and know when and how everything will work out.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
It is easy to quote this verse, but think about what it really means to take everything out of your own mind, all that you know and understand and what makes sense to you, and then replace it with how and when the Lord wants things done and how we as selfish, sinful human beings can do this and bring Him glory. And then when we somehow manage to do this, He puts us on the path to greater things.
The Lord is stretching me.
I know that the Lord has called me to Bryan.
I know that the Lord has provided a brand new beautiful house at a phenominal price.
On the other hand...
I know that I have to be out of my current duplex by August 15th.
I know that unless there is divine intervention my house will not be ready by then.
In my flesh, this makes my OCD go cattywhompus.
God is teaching me this is ok.
God is CONTINUING to teach me that He always provides and that He wants to grow me and make me more dependent on Him.
My main issue has been where will I put my stuff. I know that I do not want to rent a storage unit for a week. I know that it is not safe to put my stuff in my new garage.
On Wednesday night a college boy, who had never came before, came to HOPE group and he said "I have an empty garage if you want to use it."
So cool.
Mary, who just moved into the house of a jillion girls, just happens to be watching the boys the week we are homeless, so we get to stay there.
Needless to say that my children are contradicting my prayers of having my house done because they are SO excited about staying in the fun house.
God is in control.
God knows what is best for us and what He wants me to learn through this process.
When I look at all that God is asking me to do...be a part of a CORE group for a new church, minister to women that do not know Him, build a house and move my life to Bryan which requires the boys start a new school and work full time and take care of two children.
It can be overwhelming, but if God calls you to it, he will give you the strength to get through it.
May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Hebews 13:20-21
Whenever I start to think of it and I am not in the Spirit, my heart races and I feel dizzy. But then I remember that when I am weak, He is strong, He gives me the peace that transends all understanding.
It is exciting.
It is scary.
I give Him praise as I walk on the straight path He has put me on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I love your ride Kat! Can't wait to see what he's doing! I love you!!!

August 5, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that's beautiful that you're seeing all this now, going thru things that many people in Bryan have gone thru, are going thru, will be going thru - and many of them don't have a new house waiting for them on the other end. Isn't it great how God always uses everything in our lives for the future good of others too? I know one day some mother out there in Bryan is going to be experiencing a similar situation and need to hear that when you trust in God and lean NOT on your own understanding, He provides. I hope the new place is absolutely beautiful.

August 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home