Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Glitter



Yeah for Mary.

She came over last night so that she and Alex could do his "All about me bag".

There was glitter and glue and paint everywhere, they made handprints and dinosaurs and glittery shapes...fortunately they did it on the driveway which made me very happy.

I am so thankful for fun people who like to do these things and play with my kids.

My kids like it too because they are like big kids themselves, but yet they still say "dude, that's not ok and point them to Jesus'.

They like that I feed them!

That, I CAN do!!

Kari, I am going to take you up on your offer soon and so you know my kids think Dakota, Kye and Kru's mom is pretty cool.

Then it rained and washed it all away.

I never really wished for it to rain until I owned my own home. I keep thinking 'if it rains, I won't have to water'.

Fortunately, Michael has become very useful in the fact that I can say 'go move the sprinkler down a couple of feet', and he does.

I even showed him how to crimp the hose when he moves it and now he doesn't come back soaking wet.

You think all kinds of things when you own a home. Like 'if that goes down the drain, I'm in trouble' or 'who am I going to call if Alex flushes something else down the toilet'.

Notice something else, yes getting the train back was not fun!!

2 Comments:

Blogger pbmciver said...

Isn't church great? Such great support with all the younger generation. Sounds like they had a great time doing his project.

I just had to do one with Justin - we turned it in late though because they kept saying that he would be coming home with a large sheet of yellow manila paper to do his project on. I kept looking for one and never saw one (but I did see this thin sheet of pink paper!). Anyway, the day it was due I e-mailed the teacher (actually I e-mailed her the week before about it but never got a response) and told her we never got the "yellow manila paper". She finally e-mailed me back and said it should have been yellow but they sent pink instead...lol. I just hope he didn't get a bad grade for it being late! But I love the kinds of projects. Shelbi had to decorate a valentine one year for school and we had so much fun with it. I got the paper hear doilies in different colors and sizes and we glued them together and put sparkly things on and actual candy kisses. She said hers was the best one and it made her so happy. But, at times I think my 40 year old brain is slipping because I am getting a bit slower in coming up with neat ideas, lol

September 9, 2008 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

yay for glitter, glue, cutting and markers. I really love elementary school for all those reasons!

September 9, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home