Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Did I Really Do That?


Have you ever done something and then thought, "did that really just happen"?

Last night I stopped by the store and I was in the meat section, I leaned down to pick up some beef and 'whap' I smacked my mouth on the edge of the meat case.

My first thought was "oh that hurt", then I realized, my mouth is bleeding.

I am standing in the middle of the grocery store with a bloody lip.

The only thing close to me was those plastic bags on a roll that you put your produce in.

Yes, I used one.

Michael was very sweet and told me I was brave not to cry...I sure wanted to.

I came home and put ice on it thinking "I guess this really does happen".

5 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

oouch!!!!

Hope it feels better this morning!

July 30, 2008 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Poor baby!

July 30, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Grand Station (new and improved bowling alley...aka wolf pen) I think it is where the skating rink used to be?! maybe? I updated my blog to add that.

July 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's what I thought when i walked around the grocery cart and found my three year old with his shorts around his ankles and his hand pulling plastic easter eggs out of his underwear. It's like a surreal moment that you're not sure you're really in. I said, "WHAT are you DOING?! Where did you GET those?!?!" And he said, "I have eggs in my underwear." The poor thing had stuffed leftover easter eggs into his underwear (for safekeeping??) and then I whisked us all off to the grocery store before he removed them. They were getting a little uncomfortable walking around like that, so he just dropped his drawers and removed them right there in the grocery store. Males do that - they're instant problem solvers. Tact is an unnecessary art to them I think. It was absolutely mortifying and completely hilarious all at the same time.

I really hope your lip is feeling much better! If only the frozen peas were located next to the meat section!!! :)

August 1, 2008 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

does my blog give you a strange message and abort when you pull it up? Just wondering if it has a virus

August 2, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home