Friday, August 29, 2008

Alex + 1st Grade Teacher = Perfect Match



Alex loves animals.

He loves to play with animals and search for frogs, snakes and lizzards.

Seriously, we can be outside for all of two minutes and he will have found a frog.

He is automatically drawn to any kind of animal.

He is more in tune with animals than he is people.

He will tell you when he grows up that he wants to be an entomologist.

I can see him in a tropical country somewhere far away by himself searching for bugs.

He is constantly pretending to be a different kind of animal. He runs around on all fours and makes, lion or monkey or dog noises.

When I call for Alex, he will say "I am not Alex, I am a dog".

I love his imagination, the ability that he has to make up the most elaborate stories (and remember them) is beyond me.

Literally, it is so far from what I am, but I love it. God made him that way and I pray that Alex will always use that power for good.

So yesterday when I picked him up from school he tells me that he pretends to be a dog with his teacher.

I asked him if he stopped when she asks him to.

He immediately responded "she hasn't asked me to stop".

Perfect match.

Thank you Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Just like Alyssa's teacher sings and plays guitair. thank you Jesus

August 29, 2008 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Is he still a dog?

September 3, 2008 at 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home