Saturday, June 14, 2008

Frog Heaven


We have created frog heaven.
We have been spending a lot of time with friends at the park where many frogs live. The boys have been bugging me about bringing frogs home with them.
I have told them no because there was no place to put them.
Not anymore.
Last night they begged to bring two frogs home and they had them in a pepsi cup.
I said ok and that they could live in the back yard...they were so excited.
We got home and I thought they would put them in the yard and that would be the end of it...little did I know, that was just the beginning.
Michael had the smart idea (of course) to put them in the pool that we had done the oobleck in. It was cleaned out and just waiting for frogs!!!
We woke up this morning and the frogs were still there.
I knew that if we left them there with nothing, they would bake in the sun...not what I want to come home to!!!
So me and Michael and Sydni got the idea to put water and dirt and leaves and branches in the pool. The pool was misshapen so it is like hills and valleys with water and dirt in it. We made them shade with the branches.
Alex was still asleep while we were doing all of this.
When he woke up, his first question was "can I give the frogs some water?"
I said to him "come see what we have done"!!
He was so excited.
I told him the only rule was that he could not get over in the pool.
I am sure I am inviting other creatures to come visit, but it is worth it.
So now they can collect crickets and frogs (no snakes!!) and bring them home to frog heaven!!

3 Comments:

Blogger pbmciver said...

That is just too cute. This reminds me of Brittany - she used to always "let" dogs and cats follow her home. Since she is almost 15 now she is finally "outgrowing" animals (though she still loves them - just doesn't make time for them like she used to). I remember one time we went camping and she was in our tent barking and a friend that was camping with us asked where the dog was - I was so embarrassed that I quietly slipped away and told her to stop barking, lol - we still laugh about this at times though- ya gotta love those memories. She even used to do this dog run on her hands and knees - you would have thought she was raised by a pack of wolves!

June 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I have some small people who want to visit frog heaven.

June 16, 2008 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

I am with you- no snake rule!
jenn

June 19, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home