Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our New Home

What an incredible week this has been.

Last Saturday was the first core group meeting for the church starts at our church.

I have strongly felt the Lord calling us to Bryan for quite a while.

I love the ministry that we have started in Bryan with women who need to know the Lord, women who their children are getting poured into weekly, but they are not.

So on Saturday I was all set to go to the Bryan meeting.

Shortly before we split into two seperate groups, Butch made a comment that if you live in College Station and you are going to Bryan then you need to be prepared to tell him why.

That was me.

My stomach started to quiver, was I wrong?

What do I do?

No, I knew I wasn't wrong, stand firm...peace again.

I was prepared, certain Butch would stop me as I went into the room. I would say, I just know that is where I am supposed to be.

That was my argument...God said so.

I have always lived in College Station (since I was young, minus 8 years of my adult life).

College Station is what I know.

It is where I work.

It is where my kids go to school, it is where I do just about everything.

Except ministry.

I know that when we begin the church in Bryan that it is going to be intense ministry that happens a lot.

I know that when you do ministry you need to be part of the community you are working with.

I am so excited.

So Saturday night I felt like the Lord said "why do you have to live in College Station?"

I told Him all of the reasons I listed above.

It was not a good argument for Him.

He reminded me of a new subdivision off Villa Maria by Mary Branch (Autumn Lake).

I happen to work for the company building these homes.

On Monday I started filling out some paper work.

This morning my boss came in and said "so I hear you want to buy a house"...well I'm thinking about it, I said.

I told him what I wanted and he said, "we can work something out".

Did we ever...God blessed my socks off, my boss gave me a deal that I could never get anywhere else.

I signed the contract today.

It is official.

I will be able to move into my new home in August (the one pictured above).

The boys are so excited.

The subdivision has a lake and a park.

Best of all, God has taken me even further out of my comfort zone.

He is showing me that He blesses obedience.

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Matthew 25:23

He is showing me that He wants to do even greater things through me.

How can He not get all of the glory in this?

This is not something that I could even begin to accomplish on my own.

Praise Him!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Yaay! It's so exciting to see God's blessing in your life.

June 19, 2008 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Kathryn!

So thrilled for you and so blessed to see how God is already working through you!

What peace and joy to be walking in as we follow the Lord on HIS path!!!

I can't wait to see how the Lord will continue to use you and bless you through your obedience!!!

Luv ya!

June 20, 2008 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger 5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

What a blessing. That is exciting news. Thanks for sharing.

Lyns

June 20, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

So exciting!!!

June 20, 2008 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Jimmy B said...

Welcome to Bryan! It is very cool to see what God is doing and working in Bryan.

We are glad to have you here. (Even though I am not, too often.)

Jimmy

June 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger pbmciver said...

Kathryn, this is so awesome!

June 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger pbmciver said...

Meant to tell ya - when you are ready to move just let us know and we would be glad to help.

June 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn!
I am thrilled for you. We have missed you so much. We have to get together soon. Oh, and since we currently hold the record for the most moves in one year, Kevin has become a professional. I nominate him to help!

Love you!
-Lisa Rutledge

July 2, 2008 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome! It's beautiful over there. (And secretly I think Bryan has way better parks and trees than College Station. ;P)

July 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Kendra said...

I'm so excited for you Kathryn! The house looks so cute! Let us know if you need any help moving (I'll send Allen!) ;)

Kendra

July 7, 2008 at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home