Friday, May 16, 2008

I Am Not A Pineapple

I want a bicycle.

I am going to get a bicycle.

The boys ride all the time.

Michael can do stunts and Alex has just started riding without his training wheels, so every evening they want to ride their bikes.

I started thinking it would be great if I got a bike and we could all go riding together.

I have not ridden a bicycle in probably 25 years. At least not a bike that doesn't move.

I can tear it up on a stationary bike!!!

So just for the fun of it the other day...when no one was watching, I decided to get on Michael's bicycle to see if I could even do it anymore.

His bike is little to me...not scary at all.

I could ride it easy, so therefore I thought I had it made and I couldn't wait to go get a bicycle.

Last night, Nellie's last night in College Station, the Freeman's (who live about three streets down from me) rode their bikes over to my house.

We were sitting around talking and I decided to try to ride Cindy's bike.

It is not so small and when I got on I froze...even with Ken holding on to the bike, I panicked and wouldn't pedal.

So I stopped.

From behind me I heard Cindy saying "pineapple", I had not seen this video so I had no idea what she was talking about, I thought she was calling me a pineapple for some reason.

They started talking about this video and we came inside and watched it...too funny, but in the back of my mind all I could think is 'I am not a pineapple'.

So when it was done, I put my tennis shoes on and I was determined to ride that bike.

I went outside and got on the bike...very slowly I pedaled and I rode. It was awkward and I ran into a bush and made my children get out of the way...for their safety.

But I did it...I am not a pineapple.

I will get a bike and I will ride well!!

4 Comments:

Blogger melody said...

HaHaHa! It was so fun watching you ride last night. I'm glad you're not a pineapple. And thanks for including me in the fun.

May 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

This coming from the pregnant woman who can ride better than me...just wait!!!

May 16, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I agree Kathryn! You are not a pineapple!

You go girl!!!!

May 16, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Yes!!! I just recently started riding again, for the first time since my pink Huffy in 5th grade. I bought Stacy S.'s bike at her garage sale for $2. I was so thrilled to have a bike for $2!!! And now I ride with my big kids, and even have a baby seat on the back that one of my little ones rides in. It's so fun! I look like a big dork with a helmet on, but I LOVE riding with my kids! You will too!
jenn

May 22, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home