Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Not So Good Clean Fun, Another Use For Wooden Spoons and Sweet College Girls

Is this not every kids dream? Mom, please put me over in a big pool with goopy mess and let me go to town!!!

These are some more pictures from our oobleck night of fun. Look at these faces, aren't they precious!

That is Easton back there behind Michael's head. He was concentrating very hard on the oobleck.

They used the wooden spoons for stirring, mostly they used their feet and hands, but occasionally they would use the spoon.

I used to not let them play with the wooden spoons because they were for discipline and not fun, but their little hineys have outgrown the spoon...yes, we have moved on to a long paint stirrer.

I wrote on it "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him." Proverbs 22:15

It definately makes an impression...both on their hineys and their hearts!!! But I still carry a spoon in my purse, for space sake!!!





A good time was had with the oobleck, but more of the good time was because of these girls. I love that these girls not only want to come over and get messy with us, they want to be a part of our lives. They want to play and pray and live and laugh with us.

What a blessing.

I love that it is "normal" to my children to have all of these college kids in and out of our house. I love being part of a body where intergenerational relationships are so important.

I forget that not everyone does that and I get strange responses from my co-workers and family when I talk about my college friends.

I will never forget a couple of years ago I went to Breakaway with my dear sweet Nellie, who is moving to New York soon (sniff), and she introduced me to all of the college students as "her friend Kathryn".

I am so glad that Mary, Nichole and Libby are here this summer for more fun...girls, be thinking of what our next adventure will be!!

**Unforgettable Alex quote...my sweet Libby brought turtle (carmel & chocolate) brownies for dessert the other night and Alex asked "how did they get the turtles in there?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Wow, you are a fast commenter!! Please go reread my post. I still had typos in it. :)

I still do not quite know what oobleck is. If we play in it, we are so doing that at your house.

Maybe they could come up with a painting game for when they outgrow the paint stirrer. ha.

I miss you, girl.

May 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

I know exactly what you mean Kathryn. I love it when they stay for the summer! It's weird without them. Can you imagine living anywhere else? I can't, now!
jenn

May 9, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home