Tuesday, April 08, 2008

People run on a pool of oobleck

This is what we intended on doing.

This is NOT what happened.

Do you have any idea how many boxes of cornstarch it takes to make oobleck?

We started out with 12 boxes and a plastic kiddie pool. The 12 boxes barely covered the bottom of the pool.

Nichole and Michael went to Krogers covered in the white mess to buy 10 more boxes.

I can not even imagine how many HUNDREDS maybe even THOUSANDS of boxes they used for this video.

Kaylene and Nichole have the pictures, even though we did not fill the pool up to the top and run across it, we had so much fun.

Nichole and Libby were like Lucy and Ethel stomping on the cornstarch and water to mix it together.

It really does work. It is solid and liquid.

The boys had a ball squeezing it through their hands and mixing it.

When sweet little Easton first got there, he looked at me like "you want me to touch that stuff"? He is his fathers son. But it didn't take long for him to join right in.

Alex ate a lot of it.

It makes your hair very shiny and clean.

A good time was had by all!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I can't wait to see pictures of y'all! Wish we could have come, but Dakota had guitar lessons!!!

Glad you had a great time!

April 8, 2008 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I am waiting for the pictures from Libby and then I will put them on my blog....

PS: I LOVE that you refered to us as Lucy and Ethel!!

April 8, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger D.O. said...

That's out of control... so fun.

April 8, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger pbmciver said...

Sounds like ya'll had so much fun!

April 9, 2008 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

How cool that video was!!! I want to try that myself. I am glad y'all had fun.

April 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

i love that the people were speaking spanish on the video...so great. I also can't wait for pictures!

April 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I don't have the pictures from Kaylene or Libby, but the ones I took are on my blog =]]

April 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home