Monday, March 24, 2008

My Sweet Baby Has Jesus in his Heart



My sweet baby asked Jesus in his heart a few days ago.

Alex loves Jesus.

When he wants to give Jesus a "high five" when he makes a good choice, he slaps his chest...because that is where Jesus lives.

We have been talking for over a year about what Jesus did and what salvation means.

Alex tells me all about Jesus dying on the cross, but he would usually end the conversation with something about dinosaurs or his Power Ranger House.

I knew that he understood the concept, but probably didn't fully understand the significance of what Jesus really did for him.

It is hard to tell with Alex because he is usually "out there" about most subjects and has an imagination all to himself.

The other night we were talking and he was very serious. He told me that he loves Jesus and that he knows Jesus loves him and died for him.

Then he wanted to pray. He asked Jesus to live in his heart and help him to make good choices and obey because he sins.

It was so sweet.

The angels are rejoicing!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger SaraEaker said...

I know I am late on commenting about this...but I am so happy! I was so blessed to be sitting there next this boy when he was wanting Jesus to live in his heart! So amazing! I love it!

March 24, 2008 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger 5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Welcome to the family Alex! I'm so proud to call you my brother in Christ. How cool!

Lyns

March 24, 2008 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Yeah, Alex! I have tears of joy in her eyes!!! Your Momma is right...Angels are rejoicing!

Mrs. Dani

March 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

YEAH Alex!!!!!
:)

How precious that you and your momma could share this special moment!

March 25, 2008 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Yay!!!! Nothing better! Seriously! I am rejoicing with you, and always praying for God to grow your boys up into warriors for Him. Much love,
jenn

March 27, 2008 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Whitney said...

i love you kathryn. thank you for last nite. thank you for your wisdom and unconditional love.

as for alex...i hope we live next door to each other in heaven...it would be one interesting ride for eternity :) who knows what pets his heavenly mansion will be stored up with... hahahhahahahahhaa

that crawfish was priceless!

March 31, 2008 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger The Campbell Clan said...

Hey...that's awesome! The Campbell Clan is rejoicing with you!

April 4, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home