Monday, February 11, 2008

Why Me Lord?

Why me Lord?

How many times do we, or rather I, ask that question?

Why do I have to suffer?

Why do I have to get betrayed?

Why do I have to get hurt?

I have been meditating on a verse.

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:10-11

I have been asking Jesus to make me more Christ-like.

We all want to achieve that, we want when people look at us, to see the image of Jesus.

In my small mind for a very long time, being Christ-like meant to do nothing out of selfish ambition, to love others with a servants heart and be kind.

And don't get me wrong, those are all a picture of Jesus.

Just not the whole picture.

God hit me over the head this morning...that is usually what it takes.

To be Christ-like is all of these things together.

Jesus suffered.

Jesus was betrayed.

Jesus was hurt.

To be Christ-like means I will have to go through these things. It is not easy, but it is NOTHING in comparison to what He did for me and He is SO worthy.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

I consider it pure joy when I face trials because God is growing me and maturing me so that I will not lack anything.

If I am not going to lack anything, that means I have to go through the good...the bad...the easy and the hard!!

That's ok.

That is actually good.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24

Jesus and I are in this race for the long haul.

And like most of the time if I run, I may feel sick sometimes in the middle, but there is sweet victory in the end!!

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:2-3

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Kathryn,
Another good verse for this is Romans 5:3-5. I pray God is giving you supernatural endurance and building your faith. I love you, and pray for you!
jenn

February 12, 2008 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I loveyou and pray for you too. It was so good to hear your voice yesterday. I pray God would continually fix your eyes on Jesus as you run with endurance.

February 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

Kathryn, that "why me?" is my favorite question too. I have been asking it a lot in the past year. Why did you call me to work at Bryan High? Why did you ask me to go every day and be hated or made fun of because I don't indulge in the things the world does.

But you are right...He says it is a blessing. And just as I am blessed when a friend lets me into part of their life or tells me more about themselves, I am blessed when I get to see more into Jesus' life. It is so good...but sometimes we are too bratty to see it! Thanks for the reminder!

I love you!

February 16, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home