Friday, February 22, 2008

HELP!!!



I do not pay full price for clothes.

I refuse to.

Not for my children or myself. It is just crazy to spend that much money on clothes.

I watch and wait for things to go on sale, I thrift shop and people are nice and give me clothes!!

When my children were little, this was not a big deal. Once Upon A Child has a plethera of infant and toddler clothes. You can make a nice wardrobe for only $25.00.

My kids are big.

Like size 7 and 10 big...and growing!!

Nobody has GENTLY used clothes for boys who are size 7 and 10. Mainly because this is a contradiction of terms. There is nothing gentle about two boys who play rough and tough.

They are boys.

One time I caught Michael with a pair of scissors cutting holes in a t-shirt because he wanted to see if it would work.

Boys!!!

I went to the sale at the Brazos Center this morning, in which I was very disappointed. It was much better last year...nothing...Once Upon A Child...nothing...Goodwill...NOTHING!!

Fortunately, my children are boys and they don't care what they wear, but really, when the holes in the knees are big enough for me to put my hand in and tickle a leg there is something wrong!!

Help a sister out...does anyone know of another place?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Sorry... no ideas, but I would love to hear what you find out as I have 3 boys!!!
See ya Wednesday! Well, I s'pose first I'll see ya at church! :)

February 22, 2008 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger 5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Hey Kathryn. I'm with you on not paying full price. I refuse.

Next weekend, March 1st, the Junior League is having their Bargain Blitz at the Brazos Center. It is an amazing garage sale. I've been two years in a row. The Junior League has never let me down. But you have to get their early or you will be seeing folks walk out with your stuff.....ha!

It is worth checking out for sure.

Here is a link with the info on it:
http://www.jlbcs.org/Fundraisers/Bargain+Blitz

February 23, 2008 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Thanks Lynsey!

I actually just got that flyer so I will go and I think maybe that is what I was thinking about that I went to last year...I know it was at the Brazos Center!!!

February 23, 2008 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This is slow in coming but if you are in Conroe ever there are a few good thrift stores that I can get the names from. The one that raises money for a womans shelter has a lot of kids clothes- i've never looked at the sizes but I bet they would fit alex and michael. For me- I'm the same way I will not pay full prices for clothes- i've found that Platos closet has good jeans generally- but even there they can be more expensive than I want to pay!
Hope this helps :)
sarah

April 2, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home