Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Whole New Spin on Oatmeal

I love oatmeal. I love to eat it plain. I love oatmeal cookies...but this takes the oatmeal cake...

Baked Oatmeal!!!

I got the recipe off of Alanna's blog and tried it for myself.

It is so good that I had to post the recipe...I added chocolate chips to it, just because their chocolate.

You can add whatever you want. I bet peanut butter chips would be good or raisins or dried fruit...I like chocolate!!!

Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs gently whisked
3 cups certified gluten-free oatmeal or flaked quinoa (I just used regular oatmeal)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk

Mix all ingredients and put in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

It is so good, your family will love it and it smells so good when it is baking!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carpio Family said...

ymmmm, i hope to see some when we have "breakfast night" at Hope Group. THis sound delicious, I may even make some before then.

November 24, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Even though i'm her son I still like it






,Michael

November 25, 2007 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

I LOVE OATMEAL TOO!! That was like my second blog post ever! I am going to have to try this recipe for sure! By the way, are we having breakfast night this week? just curious. Love you!

November 25, 2007 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Sounds yummy...and we always have oatmeal in the house!

November 26, 2007 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger WSexton2000 said...

I thought it tasted great as well, but not a big chocolate in my oatmeal fan myself. I bet this would be great with dried fruit and nuts.

November 29, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yay!! I'm so glad you liked it! It is totally delicious, isn't it?

Oh! And if you do use raisins a thing that makes them yummier is to soak them a few minutes in hot water before adding them. They're softer that way - and I add extra cinnamon and cloves with raisins - just b/c I can! ;)

December 4, 2007 at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home