Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary To Me!!!

Who Hoo!!!


Happy Anniversary to me.


I have been blogging for a year.


So much has happened in a year...


Precious friends have graduated and gotten married




Wonderful friendships with my girls have continued to flourish





God brought the boys daddy to College Station and brought him to salvation.



My baby started kindergarten


My bigger baby started third grade





It went by so fast...how does that happen?

So many times I will find myself saying "I will do that tomorrow" or "I will get to it soon" and then before I know it the time has gone.

That is because a lot of time I am trying to do it in my own power.

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:14-15

Something I have learned is that there is time enough in each day to do what God wants you to do. I believe that is why He wants our first fruits.

Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10

God doesn't just mean your money or food, all of those belong to Him anyway...He wants your time and devotion.

He wants you to put Him first and then everything else will fall into place.

Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:2-3

I look forward to a year from now, God willing, looking back at all that God has done and the wonderful people He has chosen to put in my life to run this race with.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Happy Anniversary Friend! What a year...that's all I can say...what a year!

I love you!!!

October 19, 2007 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger 5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Happy Anniversary sweet Kathryn! God is so good.

Love,
Lynsey

October 20, 2007 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

Oh Happy Bloggin Anniversary. I still remember when you shared at hope group that you were starting the blog thing...I never thought I would get into it myself! Oh look at me now. You have such an amazing affect on me! I love you sweet Kathryn!

October 23, 2007 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

God is sooo good!

October 28, 2007 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful.

So inspiring, encouraging, and motivating.

And I was reminded how God's Word really is directly relevant to exactly what we are thinking, doing, and going thru.

November 9, 2007 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home