Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Day at the Zoo

Yesterday we got to go to the Waco Zoo. We got up at the crack of dawn, packed up the car and were at the zoo by 9:30 am.

We had so much fun.

We got our map and we were ready to explore.

I have never seen two boys so excited.

We saw all the animals. There were catfish that you could feed that were as big as Alex. They had machines that you put a quarter in and get fish food. These fish actually raise their heads up out of the water to get food.

Freaky.

We saw the otters and there was a slide that you go down through the otters. Well the kids do, Will and I wouldn't fit.

I loved the meerkats, they are so precious, I wanted to take one home. Not really, but they were pretty cute.

Michael had been to this zoo before, so he was our tour guide.

When we ate lunch, he said this is the fly exibit.

Alex was most excited about the reptiles. We spent forever with the snakes and lizzards and fish, but that was ok because it was air conditioned.

Alex had never seen the zoo before, so he was defininately exploring. Animals are his thing!!

There was one section with two teepee's. He walked in one and then came out. He walked in the other and when he came out he said "nope, no indians in there".

We saw the monkeys, the lions and the giraffes.

My favorite is the elephants. I love the elephants. They are so massive, yet so docile.

It is so hard to wrap my brain around the zoo. From the smallest of frogs to the giant elephant, God made them all so perfectly and each created with a specific purpose.

I just stand in awe at creation and in even more awe of our Creator.

God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25

It is good.

And the zoo is good.

I will go back!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Campbell Clan said...

That zoo is so fun! I love the size, not too small, but not too big either. I'm glad ya'll had fun :)
sarah

August 26, 2007 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

I LOVE that zoo too!!

We're going soon.

Fun!

August 27, 2007 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

I love Michael's fly exhibit joke! That is so funny!! Giraffes are some of my favorite animals...I love their long necks!! I am so glad your boys got to enjoy the zoo...(and you and will could act like kids too!)

August 27, 2007 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Glad ya'll had fun!

August 27, 2007 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

My Favorite is the Bear!

August 27, 2007 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for the zoo!
The wife and I just went to the Houston zoo! It was amazing, and I'll be posting soon!

I'm so glad you are documenting the peculiarities of your boys' lives. The Indian material is outstanding, and I can't wait for the day when Alex can read about all the pee-in-your-pants-funny things he did!

much love,
Kevin&Lisa

August 29, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home