Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Really Do Not Like The Mall

I do not like the mall.

I do not even like the mall in the middle of summer when there is nobody in town.

December is a nightmare.

I went to the mall tonight.

I did not have my children with me so I thought this would be a breeze.

Wrong.

I really try to be smart. I try to plan ahead and park somewhere easy. This time I chose in front of Chuck E Cheese. Since I did not have my children, I knew I would not have to listen to "please mom, can we go".

The minute I get into the mall I get lost. It happens every time. Even when I think in my head, "turn right here, then left" I always get messed up because it is the opposite coming back out.

So this is stressful enough on a regular day to the mall.

Again it is December.

Not only do I have to try to remember which direction to go, I have to do it with all the people in the middle of the mall in those creations called kiosks, or mini stores.

These people are viscious. I had people who wanted to spray things on me, give me new ring tones and this one young guy with a french accent wanted to straighten my hair...in the mall.

I just PAID to get my hair curly again, I did not want it straightened.

All of this wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that remember I have no sense of direction in the mall, so I had to wander back and forth several times to find the store I wanted, so I was approached by these people more than once...they didn't care, they jumped out and said "excuse me" every time I walked by.

But God is good and He does work everything together for the good of those who love Him because there is one beautiful place in the mall.

Chick-Fil-A

I went to Chick-Fil-A and I even had a coupon.

I love coupons.

I sat by myself and enjoyed my wonderful chicken and watched all the people go by, then for a moment everything was good again.

When I finished, I had to find my way out of the mall...enough said!!

10 Comments:

Blogger WSexton2000 said...

Kathryn,

Not sure if you could see them through all the "kiosks" but there ARE things in the mall that have the shops all laid out and a big "You Are Here" sign.

HA ha.

Just kidding.

Glad you had a chance to go there without the boys, that would have really been a terrifying experience.

Will

November 29, 2007 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Can you imagine how many of those "kiosks" people would have attacked me if I stood still long enough to read a map...a really long time...no sense of direction.

"You Are Here" means nothing to me...

Had to keep moving!!!

November 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just made my blood pressure sore.

As much as I hate malls, I gotta give props their architects. The layouts are ingeniously evil. Next time your there, distract yourself by thinking about the reasoning behind everything?

Why are department stores always on opposite ends?

Why is the food court always centrally located?

Why are department store restrooms located in the back corner of the 2nd floor next to the towels and/or kitchen appliances?

p.s.
When I was a young lad, did malls have kiosks in the middle? I cannot remember!

November 29, 2007 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Kramer said...

I'm so with you girlfriend. I get turned around in our mall in a heartbeat! I grew up around huge malls that I knew like the back of my hand. But, ours still confuses me.

I try and avoid it at all costs.

See ya!
Lynsey

November 29, 2007 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Don't like the mall?!? especially in December?!?

Did you know I used to work there? full time? loved it? Except for Sundays and holidays?

November 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

haha I love it! Malls and shopping in general is stressful. I wish Christmas did not have a gift expectation, I don't like it. Oh and those people who work in kiosks are vicous. I totally agree!

December 2, 2007 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger The Campbell Clan said...

Those kiosks are kinda crazy. I was walking though the mall with Bella and Jack one day and they wanted me to stop for something. I was thinking, I have a two year old and a three year old, we do good to get in, get what we need and get out. So funny. Thanks for sharing :)

December 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who gets turned around in our mall. I thought it was because I'm "newer" to town!! HAHA
I have been avoiding the mall, but I HAVE to go get shoes by next Sunday! YUK! I don't want to go to the mall!!!

December 3, 2007 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger freemans4jc said...

I am thinking that you went through all this for my precious girl?

I love your love for her...does that makes sense?

I hope she always realizes how special you are.

Now to see if this comment will go through??????.....I'm so not good at this.

Cindy

December 3, 2007 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Chick-Fil-A.

In my one and only *frightening* trip to the mall since we've returned to Texas, I did the same thing. I went to Chick-Fil-A and sat and ate. It is peaceful. I was grateful b/c apparently EVERYTHING in the mall (which I used to work at!!) has changed since I moved with the exception of Dillard's, JC Penny's, and Sears.

My favorite mall "kidnapper" is the nail guy. They ALWAYS want to sell you that nail thing that "makes your nails look polished" for a month. IT DOES NOT WORK. I know this b/c my sister was mallnapped and owns one now!! (And the lotions, oils, and everything else that goes with it!) Hahahaha!!!!

December 4, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home