Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Change is Good



Change is good.

My flesh does not like it.

But my Spirit knows that change must take place in order for God to grow me and mold me to be more like Him.

This summer has been a summer of change. A summer of revival and renewal and watching God move in big and mighty ways.

We still serve a miracle working God. Somehow we tend to put Him in a box. We believe the Bible and everything in it. We believe in the miracles that Jesus performed and that He is coming again one day, yet somehow we forget that in the year 2007, He is still ever present and performing life changing miracles.

"I the LORD do not change" Malachi 3:6

I am so thankful that the Lord does not change, but I am also thankful that He does call me to change.

Last night my Whitney came back. She sat on my couch and we laughed and we cried. We shared all of the amazing things God did this summer in both of us.

We shared how God is moving us forward to new places and that we can never be the same. He is stretching us and challenging us. He is asking us to do things that can only be accomplished through Him.

He is calling us to depend completely on Him and to trust Him only.

We know that this fall will look different (other than sitting on my couch on Monday nights discussing our beautiful Bible ladies!!)

God has new things in store for both of us with new ministries and new people.

There is a small part of me that wants to say "wait...stop...don't change", but thankfully our God is so big and so loving that I don't have to listen to that voice. I can listen to the voice that says "go...move...change...I've got your back"

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

May we keep changing and never go back!

August 24, 2007 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

oh change! It is really funny to read this because the past few days I have been bombarded by the amount of change I am going through right now. But this morning I just thanked God for change because it truly brings me to depend on Him. I may think I hate change, but honestly I hate more the times that I am just coasting along...that's when my pride begins and I start to do things on my own. praise God for change, it reminds me that I am human and He is God.

p.s. is it time for hope group to start yet?!?

August 25, 2007 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger pbmciver said...

That is such an inspiring post. We all need change.

August 26, 2007 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger The Campbell Clan said...

Kathryn,
Thank you for that encouraging post. I have really been missing everyone there and it has been hard to focus that God has us here and He will not leave us. He works it all out. His plans, not mine. Thank you for that reminder. We love you guys and miss ya'll!
Sarah

August 26, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home