Monday, December 10, 2007

Seeing People Through God's Eyes


I love seeing people through God's eyes.

When you do that, you see past the skin and into the heart.

On Sunday night I was having a conversation with two dear friends Kaylene and Kyle.

It was a conversation about kids of course.

We were talking about Kyle's daughters wearing skirts and being lady like, it then turned into all kids (since Kay and I have boys) disrobing in public...Alex has been known to do that.

Kyle said that if it were hers or Kay's they might not say anything because it might be "the culture" either black or hispanic...if Alex did it, they might.

Later I thought "wow, I don't even think of Kay as hispanic or Kyle as black...they are just people...my friends.

I don't even see it.

How sad that so many people do.

In another conversation with a girl at work, we started talking about inter racial relationships and she felt like each "kind" should stay with their own.

I was floored.

She said it was easier on the kids.

It led to a conversation about how we needed to be the generation to stop that and how God loves us all.

She didn't get it.

I started thinking about Kyle again and that if we didn't have inter racial relationships, we wouldn't have Peyton, Parker and Pearson.

Precious girls.

Then I thought about Parker's hair...I love her hair...I love to play with it when she sits on my lap in Cubbies, usually after she has colored all over herself with markers, in many different colors!!

Then I thought it feels just like Miranda Greene's hair...only Miranda's is blond... not brown.

God really did make us all the same!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, the thing is I saw like you until I moved up north and got "all white people-culturalized." There is a drastic difference there - and very few other races. So, you notice when you encounter one, and the sad thing is that a large number of people have that mentality, and those who don't, really don't know how to bridge the gap.

December 11, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I love every skin color and miss Kay and Kyle's skin!

December 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Those who people who argue against inter-racial relationships 'FOR THE KIDS' obviously haven't seen the McVay kids or my kids! Treston and Justus are gorgeous, if I may say so! I see these lines of reasoning as a cover-up for the racism still alive today. My bi-racial and tri-racial boys are living proof that people SHOULD inter-racially marry! The kids are stinkin' gorgeous! And they will reach people of their races that we maybe never could.
jenn

December 14, 2007 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger texasmcvays said...

Racism is alive and well, under new ownership. It's politically correct racism now.."marry your own kind"(I did I picked a human not a goat!), "those poor kids won't know what they are (Christian Americans)".....I often think about in the church how many folks have folks of other colors over to dinner or spend any significant time with other races...outside of seeing them as a ministry group? Obviously the subject is very intersting to me. It's very intersting to me!Great post!
Kyle

May 26, 2008 at 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home