Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Such A Proud Moment



Remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' Acts 20:35

I had such a proud mommy moment today.

A week or so ago Alex gathered up a big bag of his toys, trucks, his precious animals, all sorts of stuff.

He and Michael dragged this bag into the kitchen to show me. Alex said that he wants to give his toys away to his friends.

He says he wants to do it because he loves Jesus. My heart just melted.

So the bag sat in our front entry for a few days and everytime Alex saw it he said that he wants to give it to his friends because he loves Jesus.

I talked to his teacher and told her what he wanted to do and why. She said that sounded like a great idea.

So yesterday when I dropped him off at school with the help of his teacher, he carried this big bag of toys in with him.

When I picked him up, I did not say anything and neither did he. I had a few minutes of wonder if when he realized what he was doing that he would change his mind.

I should have more faith.

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3-4

When I dropped him off this morning his teacher said that they had so much fun. He was passing out his toys to all of his friends and putting toys in cubbies of kids that weren't there. He didn't want to leave anyone out. He also shared with another class and they still have lots of toys left that will go into the prize bucket for kids to enjoy for months to come.

The best part is is that he told them why he was doing it.

Because he loves Jesus. That really is the reason why we should do everything.

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-5

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Awww Alex, you make Miss Lisa proud! What an awesome thing to do. I am praying some of your friends and teachers will know how much Jesus loves them because of your generosity. (Your mom can explain that word to you.)

May 22, 2007 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

Precious Alex! I'm so glad you love Jesus. I pray for you all the time!!
jenn

May 22, 2007 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

THAT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES TOO!! I miss you guys so much!! I wish I was in college station! Kathryn God is doing a mighty work through you to mold your boys like Him. Praise GOD!!

May 24, 2007 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Hendrick Family said...

That's so amazing! Praise God for teaching us how pathetic we adults can be sometimes when little children know how to love Him better than we do!

I loved reading this!!

May 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home