Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Moving on Up


God has been very good to us.
We have been in the same two bedroom duplex for the past five years.
It has served us well.
When we moved in there, Michael was three and Alex was a tiny baby. It was perfect.
These boys are getting big!!
We are literally on top of each other.
So Good Friday will be a good Friday indeed.
The boys are so excited, they will have their own rooms.
I will have my own pink bathroom!!
This whole moving experience is new to the boys, they are too young to remember living anywhere else.
We used to move every year...
Across town and across country.
Michael was born in Colorado and Alex was born in Tennessee.
We moved a lot. It was like a sport and I was a pro...it has been a while and I am out of shape.
But like riding a bicycle, it comes back to you and if I can do RPM, I can move to from Rock Prairie to Graham Road...
The boys think it is fun. The first box that I packed was stuff from their closet, I made the mistake of not taping it up. I filled the box full and when I turned back around, they were pulling everything out saying "ooh cool" like they had never seen it before.
If you want to make something fun, put it in a cardboard box.
This has been a growing experience for me too. I started getting ready early...to be organized, because that is what I do.
I started cleaning out things, getting rid of stuff, saying "I'm not moving that". Then I began packing knick knacks, things that I do not use, that just look pretty. It is amazing how much "stuff" we have that we do not need.
God has been really putting into perspective "needs" and "wants". These things are great, but I do not need them and I am living perfectly fine without them.
If I have my Bible, my children, my coffee and chair, I am set.
I am very thankful that I can not out give God, that I don't even try anymore. I am thankful that He has showed me that everything...my children, my house and possessions; they all belong to Him and when I respect that and treat them as Gods, he honors that. I am thankful that He continues to bless me and show His faithfulness.
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me" But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty. Malachi 3:8-12

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Moving right along...may we always move forward with the Lord! So glad we can't outgive Him!

April 3, 2007 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Whitney said...

What a new beginning for all of you! I am so very sad I will not be going to the old house for Monday nights, but I am more happy for the new memories we will have in the new one! It will be weird not seeing cardboard boxes everywhere :). I've grown to love those boxes that kept me company that lonely night I was throwing up!

Thank you for my picture and for my new treasure chest! One woman's junk is another woman's treasure, yes yes! I love you and i will see you for lunch on wednesday! We are women, we can do it!

April 3, 2007 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

I can't wait to see the new place! How exciting. New places for everything. Re-organization. Clean, even for a moment. Your own rooms. Waking up, and trying to remember that you live in a new place. It's all exciting.
jenn

April 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

GREAT POSTS LOOK ALIKE!!! I love it Kathryn!! You are so inspiring to me to live with all of my things as God's things! What a blessing for you! I can't wait to see your new house...that needs to happen some time soon! I love you my dear!

April 16, 2007 at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home