Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Promotions

This is a year of change for us.

A year of moving.

A year of promotions.

A year of blessings.

This is the last year of Sparks for Michael. He will be in Truth and Training in the fall.

I am praying that he goes to a whole new level with God and digs even deeper into his Word. I am praying that the wisdom and knowledge God is giving him will be used for His glory.

Alex will be a Spark. No more Cubbies...it really hit me when I got a note from Southwood Valley that tomorrow night is kindergarten roundup and I will be registering my baby for school!!!

What a time of change, no more nursery or preschool. He will be in childrens worship and public school...pray. When I pray for Alex, I keep getting that Phillips, Craig and Dean song "At the top of my lungs, I will sing Halleluiah" Alex does everything at the top of his lungs...pray for halleluiahs!!!!

It is exciting and fun and sad all at the same time.

God is growing our little family, not just physically..."and we...are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord..." II Corinthians 3:18

He is taking our faith...our obedience...our knowledge to the next level.

He is taking us out of our comfort zones...He is opening doors.

It is good.

"For He will give His angels charge concernng you, to guard you in all your ways" Psalm 91:11

6 Comments:

Blogger Whitney said...

don't go to kindergarten roundup...that way, we can live in denial forever! praise the Lord for promotions! we are growing! I put myself in the category of "our family" :) because yall are my family!

i'm studying at cindy's and im about to go crazy with nam! love you!

May 3, 2007 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

You are my family sweet girl. So here is my attachment:

Whitney, who is growing by leaps in bounds in her beautiful relationship with the Lord will be leaving soon for her "other" home and then off to camp to tell girls about Jesus.
She will however come visit me for weekends to catch up on the fascinating women of the Bible.

How's that? Now our family is complete!!!

May 3, 2007 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Psalm 91 is exactly what I was praying for you today! Read all of it!

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him. 3 For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from the fatal plague. 4 He will shield you with his wings. He will shelter you with his feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. 5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor fear the dangers of the day, 6 nor dread the plague that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. 7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. 8 But you will see it with your eyes; you will see how the wicked are punished.

9 If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, 10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your dwelling. 11 For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go. 12 They will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on a stone. 13 You will trample down lions and poisonous snakes; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! 14 The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. 15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them. 16 I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation."

Now read it in The Message...God will give you guys a party! How cool is that? Take a long drink of salvation! God is so good, all the time.

May 3, 2007 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
"I'll get you out of any trouble.
I'll give you the best of care
if you'll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!"

I am holding on for dear life...praise God He never lets go!!!!
I love Psalm 91...I tell ya I am surrounded by angels!

May 4, 2007 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Whitney said...

lol, thanks kathryn! i feel included!!! i expect to be in the christmas card this year

May 4, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Say Cheese Whitney!!!

May 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home