Thursday, March 01, 2007

A little Piece of Heaven

This is my new best friend.

Cream Cheese.

In a recent post of Heather's, she gave the recipe to Italian Casserole (comment section of stupid flu) I made it for HOPE group. It was wonderful.

If you have not made it yet, go do it now.

Just the right amount of creamy goodness to meaty flavor. I did not think I could find anything to match it.

Until Saturday.

I went to Jeanette Mitchell's house for brunch.

Michael likes the word brunch, he wants to do brunch again.

So do I.

At this brunch we had Sopapilla Cheesecake. It is the dessert version of Italian Casserole.

Here is the recipe:

Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 pkg. Cream Cheese
2 cans Crescent rolls
2 c. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 c. Butter
Cinnamon

Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam. Roll out one layer of crescent rolls on the bottom (press together any holes). In a bowl, beat cream cheese, 1c. sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Spread over layer of crescent rolls, but not all the way to the edges. Roll second layer of crescent rolls on top. Melt 1/2 c. butter, and mix with 1 c. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour over the top and smooth out. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Notice TWO PACKAGES of cream cheese. It was a little piece of Heaven.

I am thankful for RPM and Body Pump to work off the cream cheese.

Cream cheese is my new best friend, I can not imagine anything better except seeing Jesus Himself and when I do, I am going to thank Him for creating cream cheese!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My beautiful lil' Lisa made Sopapilla Cheesecake for me before we started dating.

It was actually the very first thing she ever cooked for me. I think she was trying to win my heart.

And it worked!
Thank you Sopapilla!

March 5, 2007 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I need these recipes. I will try them! YUMMY!

March 7, 2007 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger SaraEaker said...

i enjoyed the cream cheesy goodness left over from last night...i ate it and it kinda felt like I was fellowshipping with yall! I love you dear! I will see you after spring break!

March 7, 2007 at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home