Friday, January 26, 2007

My Baby is Five Today


How can this possibly be true?

It seems like just yesterday you were just a tiny baby and Michael was three years old telling me to "put that baby down".

It seems like just yesterday I was holding a yellow ducky to get you to crawl across the floor and now you are running circles around me.

So fast.

Five years of laughter and craziness.

Five years of total unpredictibility.

You never know what you are going to get with Alex. It may be a 'snarl and a stop'.


or a "smile and a hug'



But under each of those is true love.


My dear sweet Alex, you follows so closely in your brothers footsteps, wanting to be "just like Michael, right mama" yet you definately march to the beat of your own drum.

Thank you Alex for your individuality, for your loudness, for your boldness and your honesty. I pray that you always use the power God gave you for good. (Proverbs 12:18)

Happy Birthday my sweet boy, I love you!!


6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Happy Birthday Alex...you are such a blessing to me, my family and to my sweet Alyssa. I pray the dynamic duo who can pretend dinosaurs for days stays fast friends forever!

Kathryn, go celebrate today...I always treat myself to something on my kids' birthdays, even if it's just a quiet cup of tea. After all, you accomplished quite an awesome thing five years ago.

We love your wonderful family!

January 26, 2007 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!

Kathryn, in honor of Alex's birthday I have to tell you this great story.

Last week after Sunday night church...Cody and I saw Alex running in the parking lot. We quickly chased him down and told him that he should run on the side walks and not in the parking lot because cars might not see him.

Of course, being Alex...this didn't make since.

He said "no, its okay, if a car comes I'll just run faster and beat them!"

I don't know if we exactly got through to him...but I love that boy!

:)

January 26, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope blogs still exist in 16 years.
What great joy will fill lil' Alex's heart when he is able to understand the depth of these words you wrote to him today.
Oh to have a mom that loves the Lord like you do!
Someday, he and Michael will rise up and call you blessed, and you will be blessed indeed to feel the fullness of Prov. 31:28.

January 28, 2007 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger texasmcvays said...

Happy Birthday Alex!
I cannot beleive he is sooooo big now! So precious.
Kyle

January 28, 2007 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Oh my Alex who believes his super powers are real...he can out run a car yet when Chuck E. Cheese comes anywhere near him he hides under a table...like I said you never know what you are going to get with that kid!!!

January 29, 2007 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Alex!!!!

I miss you!!!
Miss Brooke

January 30, 2007 at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home