Friday, January 05, 2007

Life

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
James 1:2-3

I can truly in all honesty now say that I know what that means.

On Monday night my earthly daddy died. While I am extremely saddened and still crying, I have joy.

I have my Heavenly Daddy.

This passage means so much to me now because in the midst of a tradgedy I got to see God work. I got to see Him growing my faith and teaching me perserverance. I got to see His plans unfold and know that it was God doing it.

How comforting is that.

I got to see God use His Body to come around a mourning family and help them and witness to the lost.

God uses everybody and every opportunity to receive the glory due to Him and to further His Kingdom.

I know that my daddy loved God and I know that he trusted Jesus. He was never taught how the Body works and never lived his life abundantly.

God gave me the most wonderful experience and such peace and confidence about my daddy. I got to see my father on his last day in the ICU hooked up to every machine possible, unconscious and unresponsive. God gave me the opportunity to pray over my father and to tell him that Jesus loved him. At that moment while holding his hand, it shook...he was telling me that he heard me.

God is so amazing.

The way that God has ministered to my family members this week who do not know Him has been so comforting. They have been bathed in His Word and surrounded by His Church. They have seen the love of Christ being poured out on me.

They see what I have...they see WHO I have and I am praying they want HIM too.

Thank you to those who brought food...

Thank you to those who watched my kids and loved on them...

Thank you to those who sent cards...

Thank you to those who prayed for my family.

I love you all so much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carpio Family said...

Oh, my sweet Kathryn, we are sorry for your loss. We rejoice with you that your dad met his heavenly dad. Even though we didn't get to know your dad, your part of him, a part that is nothing short of amazing. We love you and your boys. If there's anything you need, please call.
- Kaylene Carpio

January 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I love you, Kathryn!

January 8, 2007 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

My heart has been hurting for you too, Kathryn, but it's been my joy to pray for you and your family. Still praying...
jenn

January 11, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger texasmcvays said...

Oh, I had no idea. I'm so glad the body was able to minister to you and to show a lost world what the love of Christ looks like. I'm so glad your Dad knew Christ. I love you! Kyle

January 11, 2007 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home